Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Cliffy Contest Winner

Sometimes being the commish is a tough job (insert whine here).

As I read all the great posts about why people wanted the Cliffy sleeves I decided that it was too tough of a choice to make. There were folks who have none (and want some!), folks who have lots (Michael O'Brien counted his), folks finishing shop-jobs, folks wanting to salve their pinball wounds...

They were all good and I HAD decided to just have a random drawing out of all the folks who mentioned the Cliffys.

That is until Sunday night, when I read Brian's (B Coney) post... Have to give the man credit ("props" for you guys under 30 years old) for his inventive use. He is the winner.

If you didn't read it, here is his post...

Ok, well after my crappy performance on BDK last week, I decided to go to my ol' reliable Breakshot. She only let me down once so I fired her up cold and got 3,073,320 on the first game. Was a little worried, but my second game was a lot better at 14,503,040. Just think how good it
would've been if I had the cliffy colored posts on there!!

I actually REALLY need the colored posts because not only would I use a few on my games, but I just put a deposit down for a 5 week old German Shepherd puppy! Now, it's my experience with these dogs that they are VERY smart, so I was thinking about how I could train it.
Well, I came up with an idea that I could use the colored sleeves to help train the dog. I would put the red ones where the dog wasn't allowed to go and the green ones where it was allowed to go. I would use the yellow for the areas that quite frankly I just didn;t know if it was ok and where it should use caution because it MAY get in trouble or it MAY not, but it was up to the dog to decide. I think they would also come in handy for cleaning up the "wet mess" that the puppy may make before fully trained....I mean the post sleeves HAVE to be at LEAST as absorbant as the Sham WOW right!!!!??? The last few remaining sleves, I would string togeather and make them into a ball so it would have a multi color chew toy......so THAT my friends and all knowing commish, is why I NEED those colored post sleves.....have a heart.....do it for the dog for cripes sake!!!! :)

Brian

No comments: