Tuesday, February 2, 2010

RGPL - Contest Winner (See below)

There were lots of great posts. Several poor souls had to do some repair work to even be able to play their games.

Others had to interrupt long days of chores to fit a game in.

In the end, there were many runners-up including: (but not limited to) Bryan, Blubboman, ButterflyGirl24, Karmatose & TBK (for his play-by-play after each ball).

In the end, only one guy played with a respirator and that alone is worth a prize. Congrats Pincorrect. Please choose from the TZ clock board, Glare Guard, Pin Footies and Zit Cream and email me your mailing address.

If you missed it, below is the text from his post...


I'm doing a kitchen renovation and have moved my machines into the
dining room as I shuffle stuff throughout the house to accommodate
stuff that I'm clearing before doing tilework on the floor.. There's
drywall dust and fiberglass all over the place. I've got walls torn
down and holes in the ceiling where work is being done and insulation
is exposed. So I donned a mask and at first tried to pull the plastic
off the machines, but I remembered if I did that, I would have a
helluva time putting the plastic back over the machines because
they're all pushed against a wall in the far end of the room, book-
ended with a new fridge and other furniture. Now if I had one of
those robotic arms like they have on the space shuttle, it would have
been no problem, but I didn't, so I thought it best to crawl under the
plastic and try to play the games.

So there I am, wearing a respirator, underneath the plastic, and go to
start Fish Tales and realize that there are no credits in the machines
and my keys are in some unmarked box. So now I'm on a quest to find
quarters -- I usually don't keep the machines on free play. This way
I'm motivated to recycle my pocket change and I usually put the coins
into some pinball fund that goes for something for the machines. Ok,
I find some quarters and fire up a game.

I'm on the first ball and it's going well, then the power goes out.
I'm like "what?" Then it comes back on, so I put my second quarter in
the game and start playing. Then the front door opens and it's the
contractor who was working on the outside electrical. At this point,
I'm wearing a respirator, underneath a pile of plastic playing
pinball. All he can see is some kind of weird distorted image of a
guy covered in plastic wrap wearing some kind of mask.

"I'm working on the electrical and ... um, what are you doing?"

"I'm playing pinball."

"Biggest fish I ever saw!"

"Biggest what?"

"I'm playing pinball"

"Lie!"

"No I'm not lying, I'm working on the electrical. I need to shut the
power off."

"Ok, can you give me a second?"

"It's a feeding frenzy!"

"Um, are you ok? Did I catch you at a bad time? Is there someone
else there with you?"

"No, I'm playing pinball. You've heard of pinball?"

"Are you gonna talk or you gonna fish?"

"I'm going to go outside and wait for you to finish whatever. Let me
know when I can shut the power off..."

I let him do his work on the electrical and decided to play Genie
instead:

192,680
478,060

No comments: